The Earls Colne Meeting times are: 10.30 a.m. on the first, third and fifth Sundays of the month. All are welcome to join.
Quaker history in Earls Colne dates from the mid 1650s and Quakers have worshipped on this site since the 1670s. The present meeting house was probably built in about 1733, replacing an earlier building of 1674. It is the oldest meeting house in use within the Area Meeting. The meeting room is relatively unaltered, retaining much of its historic layout and a number of original or early features, including raised gallery seating and benches.
In 1986 a linked addition was built with toilets, kitchen and a committee room. The headstones remain in the burial ground although relocated.
Although built for and remaining in Quaker use, the building is also a community resource, appreciated by local people.
Parking at Earls Colne Quaker Meeting House
Free parking in Burrows Road